Monday, August 8, 2011

Today, I feel old.

Today, I feel old. I hadn’t given much thought to the fact that I must be getting on a bit now that I am receiving my government pension. I am passably fit and I don’t get too many aches and pains. I must admit that my eyesight is not as good as it was and I do get occasional lapses in memory but I do not yet suffer from incontinence. Furthermore, I am the same age as Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton and Debbie Harry and younger than Mick Jagger, Sir Paul McCartney and Cliff Richard and they are all still wearing well. So why do I feel a bit past it today? Well, exactly 50 years ago, on 8 August 1961, I reported to the Training Officer at Telephone House Brighton. I was starting my first job, as a trainee telecommunications technician. A Half a century has passed!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpm-brighton-hove/3616913040/in/photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment